Monday, October 13, 2008

Please vote carefully.


Tomorrow is the election. Unfortunately I am still to young to participate but I thought I should put up a quick post about why we need to elect Steven Harper.
Over the past few years Mr. Harper has been in office, we have seen our country get better and better. He has fulfilled his promises such as lowering the GST by not just 1 % like he said he would but by 2 %. Stephen Harper has shown all the qualities of a good leader.
Now, then there are the Liberals. I don't know how many Liberals I have talked to who are voting Conservative this election because of how fed up they are with the way the Liberal party has acted. Stephan Dion and the Liberal party have abstained from almost every vote because they know that if they vote based on their beliefs, they will look bad but heaven forbid they agree with the conservatives. So they ridicule and criticize the conservative position on issues but then when it comes time to vote, instead of standing by their beliefs, they simply say we are not going to vote. If you ask me that shows no integrity and no leadership what so ever.
Now many people especially Christians have a hard time choosing who they want to vote for. Well as a friend of mine named Wayne once told me, "When you can't decide on who to vote for look at their morals." Well lets take a look then.
Abortion: Steven Harper is the only candidate who opposes abortion.
Gay Marriage: Steven Harper is the only candidate who opposes Gay marriage.
Pre-marital sex: Steven Harper is the only candidate who opposes pre-marital sex.

(Gilles Duceppe is not included in these 3 topics as I am un-sure of his positions)

The list goes on and on but these are the big three for me.
Now I am to young to vote but please for the sake of us all make the right choice. Vote to re-elect Steven Harper and the Conservative Party.

No comments: