Thursday, October 23, 2008

Someone help me.

Well today we finally got to start our in class election. I have been waiting for this all year. Well, now I wish we weren't doing it. Our teacher decided that if we had voiced an opinion in politics, we would be put in the opposite party. So guess what I got stuck on the democrats. I don't know how I will possibly be able to promote my candidate in this mock election without either getting angry or telling why Obama should not be present. Well I guess I will just have to muscle through this and get the best mark possible. Please post with support and suggestions for what I should do.
Thanks

4 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

learn to lie!

ha! Just kidding. (Maybe?)

Jen said...

Jonathan, although I do not see the merit in forcing you all to argue against your convictions, (it's not a debating class after all), you can do this. You are great at making an argument and building a case.
Pretend you are a really good defense attorney and though you know your client is guilty, you must do the best job possible.
Look at why people think Barak is so great...talk to your liberal friends, and then argue their point.
You don't have to agree with what you are saying, just be convincing...if you can pull this off, you should get a great mark, because you have voiced your convictions, and the teacher will know how much it took for you to do it.
Remember, this is only IN class, it changes nothing outside of class.
Best way to deal with such a liberal school system is to give them exactly what they want...in class, and get the marks you need, to get out and do something to change what has become the status quo.

Shaun and Holly said...

yes, your mothers' advice was much better than mine!!!!!!!

Jen said...

Jon
Tia from this site, left a comment on my blog, you might find this site rather interesting, some of it might even help with your project.


www.opposingviews.com